Monday 27 July 2015

Catching Up #1- Exams

It's been over a month since my last post. It's been pretty crazy over that time. It started with hiding at home for a week to mark 100 exams papers for my unit Molecular Biology and Genomics. I was entertained by a number of artistic efforts, the highlight of which is the answer to question 14 below. There was also a large number of cat drawings, I particularly liked the answer from one student where they used drawings of a cat with/without a tail to discuss the potential phenotypic effects of gene knockouts.

An interesting response from one of my students to exam question 14- How does TATA binding protein interact with type II eukaryotic promoters that lack a TATA box?

1 comment:

  1. That is nice. The students have tried to explain the phenomenon in a simple and easy manner. The drawing is funny though but well-explained the answer.

    ReplyDelete